Sintered Stone Care and Maintenance
1. Wipe clean with a damp cloth soaked in regular detergent and water, if the stone surface is routinely cleaned and kept dry.
2. To avoid polished / glazed surface from scratching when cleaning, only use cloth made of soft fibres, suitable for cleaning of glass, kitchen appliance and nonstick frying pans.
3. Substances（eg. Acidic foods, beverages, oils, cosmetics, and the like ) should be avoid to leave dry on its surface.
4. Cif cream can be used to remove most marks and domestic stains easily, but abrasive products is not recommended on polished surface.
How to remove stubborn stains?
1. Limescale - use an acid-based detergent. Rinse surface with lots of water and use clean microfibre cloth to wipe dry.
2. Greasy and Oily Substances – use mild or degreasing detergent. Rinse surface with lots of water and use clean microfibre cloth to wipe dry.
3. Ink/Permanent Marker/Nail Varnish/Expanding Foam – use thinner-based detergents. Rinse surface with lots of water and use clean microfibre cloth to wipe dry.
It’s always advisable to perform a preliminary test on a less-visible area of the stone, to verify if the chosen cleaning product and method are suitable for you and will not cause any damage to the surface.
1. Do not use sharp, metal object to clean the surface.
2. Avoid pulling or dragging kitchenware, frying pans and other appliances on the surface.
3. To avoid scratching the surface. Do not chop directly on the work surface because some knives might contain diamond particles.
4. Cleaning products ( oily soap, film-forming products) must be taken away from the surface as such agents will leave reside on the surface.
5. Avoid standing or kneeling on the surface. Too much weight pressure might cause breakage on the vulnerable areas ( eg. sinks and hobs)
6. Avoid overloading or stacking heaving objects on the surface.
7. Do not use hydrofluoric acid, caustic soda or products with PH value greater than 11 to clean the surface.
8. Avoid falling off the blunt objects on surface, these can cause cracks that is hard to mend.
9. After installation, surface must be covered and protected while other works are still carrying out on site.
10. Must kept Sintered Stone materials away from naked flame.